The Loft On-site Youth Advocate
Position Type: Full-time non-exempt (hourly)
Salary Range: $16.00 – $18.00 hourly, commensurate with experience
Benefits Package: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, PTO, holiday pay, and Retirement Plan
Reports to: The Loft Manager
SUMMARY: Builds therapeutic relationships and provides intensive supervision of youth residing in Sol House and/or The Loft, in order to assist them in achieving housing stability, recovery from complex trauma, setting and reaching personal goals, family reunification and/or independent self-sufficiency.
Focus area duties and responsibilities – On-site Youth Advocate:
- Provide supervision of program residents on-site at Sol House, at The Loft, at Life House and/or in the community to ensure the safety and well-being of
- Maintain clear communication with program staff to facilitate consistent, appropriate responses to youth
- Assist in household disputes and conflict resolution between residents in order to foster a safe, positive living
- Provide crisis intervention as needed; respond to crisis situations following outlined procedures including proper notification, documentation, and programmatic follow
- Monitor progress toward established goals and action steps outlined in the Independent Living Plan to assist youth to move toward stabilization, independent living, and self-sufficiency.
- Maintain the daily routine, supervise chores, assist in meal planning and preparation, assist with light cleaning and other household tasks as
- Ensure compliance with regulations per DHS license, including administration of medications, case note documentation, safety planning, room checks,
- Ensure that program recordkeeping and reporting systems are accurately maintained; complete progress notes and program-related reporting as
- Engage youth in positive peer relations, group building, recreational and leisure time activities and outings; with input from youth, Life House team members, and community partners develop and implement support groups and group
- Utilize personal vehicle, in good working order, to transport clients to appointments as
For more information, please view the job description here.
To apply send your completed application, cover letter, and resume by 4:30pm on May 21, 2021.
Human Resources/ Loft Youth Advocate
102 W 1st Street
Duluth, MN 55802
or Email HR@life-house.org
Interns must be at least entering their final year of an undergraduate in social work or human services and willing to make a commitment of at least 400 hours.
If you are interested in an internship with Life House, please contact Luke Morcomb at email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, sex, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partnership or marital status, age, national origin/nationality, citizenship status or disability/handicap, veteran status or any other protected classification.
Life House is a drug free work environment.