Life House is the only drop-in center for homeless youth in Northeastern Minnesota.
At Life House, efforts are made to help at-risk youth break the cycles of poverty, homelessness, and abuse. Our LIFELINE Building offers immediate access to emergency needs such as food, shelter, basic health care, life skills development, and "one-on-one" support services in safe housing, education, employment, and positive health.
To provide a safe harbor for enhancing the lives of youth at risk.
Our Core Values:
Our organization strives to provide at-risk and homeless youth with:
- To continue to be creative, innovative, and adaptable to meet the needs of all youth who enter our doors;
- To maintain a work environment that allows our staff to use their unique talents and skills to serve our youth;
- To maintain a cost-effective organization that is able to use the funds provided to us by our charitable donors to achieve organizational goals for our youth;
- To be recognized by the city of Duluth and the state of Minnesota as a premier example of an organization addressing the immediate needs of our youth enabling them to become productive members of society.
To ensure that the youth visiting our facility have:
- access to safe and affordable housing
- health services
- education and employment opportunities
- teen parent resources
- interpersonal and relationship building skills
- positive adult role models
Life House believes every child deserves:
- a safe place to live and grow
- an opportunity to explore and develop
- a chance to be a productive member of society
- someone to listen to them, guide them, teach them, encourage them, show them right from wrong
- to be loved and cared for
Every at-risk child deserves a chance to be a part of Life House.